Welcome to the College of Forestry Graduate Student Council!
The Graduate Student Council exists to serve the needs of graduate students in the College of Forestry, wherever your location and whatever your academic focus. Securing a place as a graduate student is no small feat, and we want to help ensure that your hard work is rewarded with an educational experience that satisfies your ambitions. The College has an international reputation for excellence in forestry research, and our goal is to help ensure that you experience enjoyable classes, a good working environment, opportunities for engagement on social and research fronts, and other important aspects of life as a graduate student.
The goals of the GSC are:
- provide feedback to College leadership and be involved in the College’s future goals and plans,
- represent CoF graduate students in the Forestry Executive Committee (FEC),
- improve the graduate student experience through enhanced academic, social, and cross-department, College, and University involvement and interaction,
- advocate for graduate student needs/issues and find and support resolutions to concerns/problems,
- assist in future student transition to the CoF,
- encourage the highest quality of graduate instruction, and
- enhance graduate student involvement on campus and the community.
Please review the current draft Governance and Mission statement for more information on officer roles and responsibilities. If you wish to provide feedback or comments to the Council, please email us: Graduate Student Council.
Graduate students who travel internationally for their research, professional development, conferences, etc. are highly encouraged to obtain travel insurance from OSU GO.
Winter term GSC meetings: TBA
Fall meetings were held on Oct 16, Oct 30, Nov 13, Dec 4. Minutes are available here.